INVITATION TO MEDIATE (with record) SERVICE
- We will write to the other party to invite them to use mediation to resolve your dispute, whilst highlighting the benefits of agreeing to do so.
- We can include a ‘without prejudice’ offer from you in its communication, if you wish to present one at this stage (if so, you will need to provide this to us for submission).
- We will advise you how the other party respond.
- If the other party does not respond within 10 working days or does not wish to mediate, JWF Mediation will issue you with a formal record that you tried to mediate your dispute. This you can show to a Court to demonstrate that you acted reasonably by trying to mediate your dispute; any refusal by the other party to mediate can result in the Court penalising the other party for unreasonable behaviour.
- The fee for using this service is just £25 (no VAT applicable).
Please note: If you are a consumer in dispute with a UK trader please read more before using the Invitation to Mediate service.