ONLINE MEDIATION SERVICE
If you prefer, JWF mediation can settle your dispute online, whereby the entire process is conducted remotely using video and audio technology. Online mediation has proven to be very effective and is particularly suitable where:
– a physical face to face meeting is not appropriate (such as during Covid19 restrictions);
– you or the other party have difficulty with mobility or travelling;
– you are a long way geographically from the mediator or the person you are in dispute with;
– you do not want to be in the same room as the other party;
– cost of venue hire or travel is considered unnecessary.
Zoom Pro is used to conduct the mediation. Its handy ‘breakout rooms’ mean you can have completely private conversations with your own advisor(s) or the mediator, during the mediation. It also allows the sharing of documents and screen sharing.
All you will need is a desktop, laptop or tablet with a camera and a built in microphone, and a good (broadband) internet connection. Ideally a phone too, to be used as an alternative means of contact if appropriate.
You don’t need to download any software or sign up to Zoom beforehand; just click on the meeting invitation and sign in with your name.
As in any face-to-face mediation, there are rules of courtesy to follow, this is particularly important online for the mediation to go smoothly.